The debris picked up by your ducted ⁄ central vacuum system is deposited into the canister which is attached to the bottom of the power unit and needs to be emptied every 2 — 3 months.
To empty follow these simple steps:
1) To remove the dirt canister, support the bottom of the canister with your knee* (see figure 1a), then unsnap the two dirt canister latches by grasping the lower end of each latch and pulling straight away from the canister.
2) Carefully lower the dirt container and empty the debris into any suitable trash container.
3) Check the vacuum protection screen by looking up or feeling up inside the dirt canister to remove any debris that may have stuck to the mesh screen up the metal cone. A plastic bag may be placed over the bottom portion of the top canister to contain the fine dust that will fall out.
Hold the plastic bag tightly around the canister with one hand whilst pushing the bag up inside with the other hand and brush the screen surface (see figure 3).
In this way, the screen can be cleaned without getting any dust or debris on the floor or hands.
Some units may also have an optional Electro-Static Screen. To remove the screen, pull down on the tab until the screen comes down through the metal cone.
Clean the electrostatic screen by vacuuming, rinsing with water, or shaking.
If you rinse the screen, make sure it is perfectly dry before placing it back in the unit or it will void warranty. To replace the screen, fold it and place it inside of the top of the metal cone, allowing the Electro-Static Screen to expand until it covers the entire opening.
4) Replace the canister by slipping the rim over the lip of the top can until it is seated against the rim gasket, then while holding the canister in place with your knee* (see Figure 1), fasten the two latches.
*If you have trouble removing or replacing the dirt canister using your knee, try supporting the can with one hand, unlatching (or re-latching) one side with the other hand. Then, reverse your hands to unlatch (or re-latch) the other side.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I CHECK OR EMPTY MY DIRT CANISTER?
Initially, the dirt canister should be checked or emptied weekly until you have an idea about how long it takes to half fill the canister under your normal cleaning routine.
All ducted ⁄ central vacuum systems function more effectively if the dirt canister is emptied more frequently. It is recommended that you don’t allow the dirt canister to become more than ¾ full before emptying.
The canister will fill more rapidly if NEW carpets are being cleaned as there is usually much more loose fibers in the carpet from the manufacturing process. In some instances it may take several months before all of these loose fibers are removed.
1) To provide customers a prompt, courteous and professional vacuum repair service
2) To not only meet but exceed the expectations of our customers
3) To source vacuum cleaners only from manufacturers who produce quality products
4) To carry a comprehensive range of vacuum parts, tools, accessories and consumables